Monday, January 16, 2012

Joyful Noise-Fix Me Jesus

I had a chance to see the movie "Joyful Noise" with friends yesterday and had a blast. I LOVE Queen Latifah and I love gospel music! I was not at all disappointed with the music. (I had church in the movie theater) It was fantastic! One song in particular really touched my heart, it's entitled "Fix Me Jesus Fix Me" It's not flashy, and in fact it's a very simple song, but it really put to words and music the cry's of my heart... Click below to listen and enjoy!



Fix me Jesus fix me...I have been following Jesus long enough to know that I am powerless to heal or change myself and that fact actually brings me much peace.

Every well meaning New Year's resolution I make
Every sermon I hear or Christian book I read
Every well meaning friend filled with loving advice and helpful suggestions
Every discipline I hand out to myself... has no effect

The tools are useless. And as wonderful as some of them are , they cannot, in themselves, bring healing or change, unless Jesus Himself empowers and works through them. On their own, and on my own, it's impossible. When I hurt or when I stumble for the 1000th time over the same life issue, my only hope is Jesus, and the only cry of my heart is"Fix Me Jesus, Fix Me". I so want to be more like you, but I fall so short. It may mean pain, it may bring tears and sorrow, I may have to fall 100 more times before I learn or understand what you are trying to teach me, but Jesus you are my only hope. "Fix Me Jesus, Fix Me"

Lord I know you love us too much, to leave us the way that we are, you came to be our Savior because you knew we couldn't do it on our own, so please "Fix Us Jesus Fix Us"

Psalm 34:18-19 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. A righteous man or women may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers them from them all;



2 comments:

  1. Catching up on your blog. So many good thoughts. Thank you. I loved this song. I'm going to post it and link to your blog if that is okay. I also love the story on the post after this one. I so hope to help those around me bloom rather than doing a perfect job. I know I try to fix my cracks Jesus intends to be there. Guess that is another reason we need His fixin'. He knows best. He uses our imperfections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for all the encouragement Andy! So true, it is such a beautiful thing to witness, amazing how the Lord can redeem and use our brokenness for His glory!

    ReplyDelete