Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Is The Journey Too Much?

I am having what I refer to as an Elijah moment. You know, those times when we are standing on the mountain top celebrating some great spiritual victory, then in the blink of an eye, a threat comes along, and we flee in fear, heading deep into the wilderness alone, exhausted, searching for God.

Elijah is depressed, discouraged and ready to throw in the towel but he is still searching for God. (I can totally relate to him) I think if we are honest with ourselves we all have Elijah moments. It's so comforting to know that God does not say in these times, You blew it, Go directly to jail, Do not pass "Go" and do not collect $200.00.  He doesn't give up on us, get angry, or give us a lecture. He sends angels to patiently tend to us until we are strong enough to travel the next leg of our spiritual journey with him. Elijah's story brings me great comfort.

If you're having an Elijah moment, hang in there my friend, God will meet you and care for you, until you are strong enough to travel.

Read 1 Kings 19

No comments:

Post a Comment