Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Failure to Launch

I was talked into surrendering my Blackberry last year, and made the leap of faith, with much fear and trembling, to an IPhone. I still have my training wheels on for sure, but I am beginning to get over the trauma and learning curve and have begun to feel pretty pleased with myself.

A few months ago I discovered a new (free) game app for my IPhone called, Sheep Launcher. "Now here's something that will charge my batteries", I thought! The object is to launch a sheep as far into the sky as possible, without letting him fall to the earth and splatter. (I have successfully launched my sheep into outer-space and earned the rank space cowgirl) Silly game? You bet!

But It made me think, "Ohhhh if only mobilizing the church to share their faith could be this easy"! Why don't we sheep launch? Why do we prefer to stay in and get fat? How is it we so easily forget how precious the lost ones are to our Heavenly Father? Why is there a failure to launch?

Matthew 18: 12-14 “What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? And if he finds it, truly I tell you, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish.

Jesus loves lost sheep.

No comments:

Post a Comment