Saturday, January 29, 2011

Begining a New Season

I'm just returning from two weeks of travel and meetings. I love to fly around, visiting new places, meeting new people. It's a blast! But, It was also really great to come home and sleep in my own bed. Its comfortable being in a familiar place, you know what to expect, you can relax and rest.

The last few days I have been thinking and praying about my own spiritual journey... Remembering where the Lord has taken me, what He has taught me, how He has shaped me, disciplined me, loved and rescued me this past year. Looking back helps remind me remind myself of God's amazing faithfulness, His mercy, grace and love.

This week I will be heading out of the comfortable and familiar, and will begin taking on several new ministry roles, traveling to a new office, developing a new schedule. Right now I don't really know what that will look or feel like. Stepping out into new territory is scary and exciting! It is comforting to know that I am not alone, and that God is always faithful. Home and rest are never far away, they are found in His arms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment