Thursday, November 11, 2010

Retreat

"Solitude begins with a time and a place for God, and God alone. If we really believe not only that God exists but also that God is actively present in our lives-- healing, teaching and guiding-- we need to set aside a time and space to give God our undivided attention. "
Henri J.M. Nouwen (Making All Things New and Other Classics)







"The real "work" of prayer is to become silent and listen to the voice that says good things about me. To gently push aside and silence the many voices that question my goodness and to trust that I will hear the voice of blessing-- that demands real effort. "
Henri J.M. Nouwen (Life of the Beloved: Spiritual Living in a Secular World)

I am headed to a weekend retreat in Maine today and I am so excited about spending time away from the distractions and busyness of my life, to just BE still with the Lord.
 

To keep going we need to keep retreating.

Mark 1:35 Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.

 Mark 6:31 Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.”

No comments:

Post a Comment